The Loch Lomond Marina Committee was formed in 2004. The charter of this Committee was, and is, to represent the community to ensure that the development plans for the Loch Lomond Marina property maintained the recreational functions of the property, that the neighborhood commercial services provided there were maintained, and that development designs fit within the residential neighborhood surrounding that property.
With the permits approved, the purpose and objectives of the Loch Lomond Marina Committee is to:
- Conduct oversight on behalf of the neighborhood communities of any demolition, preparation, surcharge and construction of the Loch Lomond Marina project as well as any constraints caused by the project to the public access and use of the shoreline and marina.
- Act as the liaison between the community and the City of San Rafael, the marina property owners and any development or construction companies related to the project, and represent the community in any meetings with these entities.
- Act on behalf of communities along Pt. San Pedro Road regarding concerns and issues brought to the Coalition related to the project.
- Bring to the attention of the City and any other project entities of any violations of the conditions established under any construction permits and monitor that they have been satisfactorily resolved.
- Bring to the attention of the City and any other project entities any legitimate concerns related to negative impacts of the project (such as noise or dust) on surrounding neighborhoods and work to resolve those issues.
- Provide timely information to the community on conditions at the Marina related to the project and to public access. This information will be provided via postings on this Coalition website (Loch Lomond Marina News), using the Coalition email list, and any other means of communications that is deemed appropriate.
Marina Committee Co-Chair: Alan Schaevitz and Sara Jensen
The full Loch Lomond Marina Committee Operating Guidelines & Procedures provides a detailed description of the Marina Committee and its objectives.