CONSTRUCTION PHASE 2
August 2014 – June 2016 (Completed)
- Remediation was done in the area of the dry cleaners. This involved the removal of approximately 20’x25′ by 8′ deep of existing dirt and replacement with uncontaminated soil.
- Wicking was done on this area in the same manner as the wicking in Phase 1 (see Step 2 of Phase 1).
- The existing surcharge (the four-foot layer of dirt that has been on the Residential Phase 1 area for the last year) was moved to on top of the wicks on the Phase 2 Residential area.
- Additional surcharge dirt was added. The weight of this surcharge combined with the “wicks”, compacted the soil over a period of approximately 8-10 months in preparation to bear the weight of the residences to be built there.
- Loch Lomond Drive was reconstructed with new utilities, paving and parking. This required excavation within Pt. San Pedro Road at the intersection with Loch Lomond Drive/Lochinvar as well as into Lochinvar for the first block in order to connect utilities.
- The breakwater was restored with new riprap protection, a pedestrian walkway and benches and opened to the public.
- Parks were constructed on the middle jetty/spit and west jetty/spit and opened to the public.
- An initial 12 residential structures were constructed along Loch Lomond Drive (1 single family home, 10 townhouses, 1 cottage) for use as model homes and for sales purposes.
- Plans for the shell building for the new Andy’s Market were submitted and approved by Community Development. Construction of the foundation began shortly thereafter.