This is a reminder that Point San Pedro Road Coalition and Marin Transit will be holding a community meeting on the evening of Tuesday, January 10 to discuss and get feedback on exploring and developing some options for providing some form of public transportation service that can be implemented to serve the East San Rafael Peninsula residents, employers and employees.
The meeting will be held at in the San Pedro School Multipurpose Room beginning at 7:00 pm. San Pedro School is located at 498 Point San Pedro Road.
Among the options to be discussed are:
- Fixed Route Service to San Rafael Transit Center
- Fixed Route Service to Larkspur Ferry Terminal
- Flexible Fixed Route Service
- Use of Coordinated Taxi and TNC (Uber, Lyft, Chariot) Service
At the meeting, Robert Betts, Marin’s Transit’s Director of Operation and Planning will:
- Review the results of the 2016 East San Rafael public transportation assessment survey
- Review the area demographics
- Introduce various applications of public transportation services and how they could potentially serve rider markets in East San Rafael
- Solicit comments and receive feedback on those options and other ideas that residents, employers and employees may have to address Area transportation needs
This is a great opportunity to learn about what public transit option are being considered for East San Rafael and to provide Marin Transit staff feedback on these and other transit options you would like to be considered. I strongly encourage all residents, employers and employees who have an interest in this subject to attend this meeting.
Chairman, Roadway Committee
Point San Pedro Road Coalition