From the San Rafael Department of Public Works:
Spread the word about the City’s new Sidewalk Repair Program
FY 2017-18 Application period open March 20 – April 24, 2018
San Rafael’s Sidewalk Repair Program is the result of a multi-year long process of significant community and Council input on how to jump-start sidewalk repairs throughout our community. Residents with displaced sidewalks can now apply for the program through April 24, 2018.
After application period closes, 150 applicants will be selected by random lottery for this year’s program:
- Sidewalk repairs split 50-50 (up to $1,000)
- Curb and gutter replacement fully funded (up to $4,000)
- Tree removal and replacement fully funded (when necessary for repair)
- Option for property owners to do additional work (e.g. driveway paving) at preferred pricing
- Encroachment permit fees waived
For more information and how to apply, click here.